Montreal fishing spots

Montreal fishing spots

Montreal shore fishing spots click here.

Monday, September 19, 2011

More urban Montreal fishing

After the instant success I had last time I combined a biking and fishing outing, I decided to do some more urban fishing around Montreal.

As you can probably imagine, it's essential to pack as light as possible, as I'm already hauling extra weight such as adequate amount of drinking water, bike lock, and everything else I need in my back pack. The fact that I live on the other side of the mountain doesn't help much, but it's a great workout climbing Mount Royal in both directions in order to get to the water.

Headed back to the same fishing spot as last time, was hoping another big pike replaced the one I lost their last week, but no such luck. As I noticed the weeds dying down in some areas, I will probably bring along some jigs and crankbaits, as I stuck with surface and subsurface fishing over the past couple outings. Casted a new spinnerbait for about 45 minutes, got 1 small hit near the surface. Couldn't tell whether it was a bass or pike.

Packed it up and headed to another spot not too far away. Hooked into another nice pike after a dozen or so casts, landed it this time around. A decent 5 lbs fish, got my revenge after getting my spinnerbait cut off last week. I fished the spot and some adjacent spots for another 1/2 hour or so, no more hits.



Packed it up again, and headed to a third spot. Explored some weedbeds with a snag proof frog, nothing much doing except for a tiny bass that hit one of it's legs.

Finally headed to my 4th spot of the afternoon, again kind of slow, all I got was 1 follow by a 1.5-2 lbs smallmouth bass.


No comments: