Montreal fishing spots

Montreal fishing spots

Montreal shore fishing spots click here.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Shore fishing with my wife

My wife took a day off work, with sunshine in the forecast, she decided to try cooler weather fishing. We did a shot 3 hour outing. My idea was to target sturgeon before the season ends in a couple weeks, but she wanted to do some casting too, so I brought along some jigs for her to practice with.

Fishing was slow as I expected. She managed to jig up lots of dying weeds until her arm was sore, and the sturgeon weren't interested in the dead minnows I brought, as my worms all died last week. Luckily, I brought some frozen chicken hearts along as well.

With about 1/2 hour left, I baited the sturgeon line with chicken hearts. About 5 minutes before the end of the outing, I noticed the line twitching, I set the hook and had a fish on. I was surprised to see it was a mid size catfish, first time I've caught one at that spot. Unfortunately, it had swallowed the completely, no way of removing it without dissecting the fish, so got a quick picture and cut the line.

No comments: