Montreal fishing spots

Montreal fishing spots

Montreal shore fishing spots click here.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Channel cat shore fishing in Montreal


Went out for a couple hours with my dad this afternoon hoping to hook into some sturgeon, now that the season's finally open. Setup our lines at about 12:30 PM using big worms balled up as bait.

First hit came about 1:15, just as a big cloud passed over us. I hooked into a small fish, probably a 3-4 lb channel cat, it came off before I had a chance to land it. About 10 minutes later, I hook into a big one, I was sure it was a sturgeon from the way it was pulling down. Turned out to be a 10.5 lb channel cat, my biggest so far this season. Missed a couple more hits, and then we had to leave at 3:00 PM.

I was hoping for sturgeons, but was pleasantly surprised by the channel cats. They seemed to turn on whenever heavy clouds passed over us, maybe the 30 KM + winds helped as well.

No comments: