Montreal fishing spots

Montreal fishing spots

Montreal shore fishing spots click here.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Largemouth Bass fishing in the fall

With sunny skies and calm wind conditions, we headed out on the boat for some late season fall time largemouth bass fishing. Over the years, we've hit different patterns at this time of the year. Sometimes they are extremely active and will hit deep diving lures, other times they need to be finessed with rubber worms, tubes and curly tails, or fished with live bait.

My buddy started of with tubes, my son with curly tails, I went with lures. They both managed 4 largemouth bass each, up to 3 lbs or so, as well as a big crappie. As I hate using rubbers, I eventually switched to a red and white spoon hoping for some pike. I got a nice hit on my second cast, just adjacent to some weeds in bigger waters. The fish stayed down during the fight, I was sure it was a decent pike until I brought it up. It was a nice 3 lb+ largemouth bass, not too long but very thick.

Hope to head back for another outing before the end of the season, will probably go with live bait.

No comments: