Montreal fishing spots

Montreal fishing spots

Montreal shore fishing spots click here.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Meeting the conservation officer while carping

Kids are off school and off camp for 2 weeks, so I get to keep them out of trouble. Handling them all too much is too much, so I decided to take them for outings in pairs. I started off by taking Ari and Avi to the Long Sault area for some carp fishing. We arrived at about 10:30 AM to find strong 20 KM / hour North winds blowing in a cold front. The carp weren’t very active, we ended up catching only one in about 5 hours. We eventually headed back to town, stopped for some Panfish at the Soulanges Canal where the kids managed a bunch of Pumpkinseed and Bluegill sunfish as well as some perch.

The interesting part of the day came when I turned around and noticed a MNR conservation officer in full uniform and gear (including gun) watching me from behind. I had 3 lines in the water at the time, and he didn't see my kids around the bend so he must have thought he had me on a multiple rod charge until my kids showed up again. After checking my license, we chatted for a bit about fishing the area. He refused to take a picture with me, even though I offered to "make him famous" online. Too bad, I would have liked to post it. He gave my kids some "sample" fishing licenses and was on his way. This was the first time I have ever been spot checked in Ontario, what makes it weird is that it was on a weekday. Anyway, glad to see our license fees are going to good use and that they actually have people working the area.

No comments: