Montreal fishing spots

Montreal fishing spots

Montreal shore fishing spots click here.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Carp fishing near Cornwall Ontario

I brought my 3 older sons out for some carp fishing in Ontario, as the wind was too strong to take the boat out. We hit my regular spot in Long Sault, fished there for about 4 hours, had only one hit, unfortunately the carp spit the hook before I had a chance to set.

I decided to drive back along the old highway #2 through Cornwall in search for some new spot. I found a park on the shore of the St Lawrence River just above the Saunders dam named Guindon Park. I set up a couple rods one baited with cord, one with a piece of peanut butter sandwich, after seeing the ducks being fed bread everywhere. Sure enough, the bread line was the one that got hit. The carp went straight into a shallow reef and snapped my 50 lb Power pro quite easily, first time that’s happened to me. That was all she wrote for the day, I hope to be back to the new spot for some fall carping.

No comments: